East Village Sydney sits on the Corner of Palmer & Liverpool streets in the heart of Darlinghurst. Since 2016 it has been independently owned & operated by Goodtime Hospitality. EVS is pokie-free and focuses instead on quality food & beverage, great music & good times. Three distinct levels – the ‘locals hang’ Public Bar on ground floor with pub food & DJs. Arguably one of the best places to watch sport in Sydney – the Athletic Club on L2. With a view of city skyline that only dreams are made of – the Terrace Rooftop crowns this exciting venue. We hope you enjoy it.
To our patrons, neighbours & friends
We wish to advise you on the operations at East Village Hotel in Darlinghurst. We thank your for your unwavering support during these unprecedented times. We will do everything in our power to support our staff, suppliers & customers for as long as humanly possible to keep our community going. In addition to the most recent announcements from the federal government & NSW Health we wish to update you on the following:
- We have reduced our own capacity by 25 % to give our guests more space to practice distancing where necessary.
- In light of the above coupled to our rooftop Terrace being classified an “outdoor” space our venue is business as usual.
- We will have additional managers and security monitoring the capacity & movement of patrons to keep the ratios in line without policies.
- In addition to our normal strict hygiene policies we have increased our daily cleaning & sanitising scope in conjunction with our cleaning contractors including a weekly deep sanitisation of all hard surfaces and food & beverage preparation areas. Staff are maintaining the cleanliness levels vigilantly during opening hours.
- Hand sanitiser & disinfectant wipes will also now be available for our patrons in the venue including at the point of sale bars and bathrooms.
- We are regularly updating our staff without latest recommendations to stay in front of the developments.
- We will have a personalised food & booze home delivery service coming soon for our locals in addition to our existing Uber Eats service so if you do have to stay at home you can still get your pub food fix. And wine, more wine…….!
- Finally if you feel unwell we say – listen to the advice and stay at home, we will do the same. If you are feeling good then stick to the hygiene policies, keep living your life and support your local businesses.
Thanks again and all we can say is stay calm and if you follow the advice of the experts and trust your local businesses that they will do everything to protect you and their staff then we will all work through this together.
Stay safe and see you at the bar.
East Village Sydney caters for functions of groups between 15 – 70 pax across three distinctly different levels available for hire with a unique design & offering. They are bound together with warmth and approachability of a traditional Aussie pub.
Click event poster to book
Terrace rooftop is the crown atop the East Village Pub. Sweeping views of the city skyline entice you as you sip on tasty signature cocktails and hand-picked wines. With seasonal themes throughout the year the Terrace is available to enjoy all year around and has a retractable roof, fans & heaters to protect from all the elements.. Come up and say hi (gh).
Your favourite local done up, the Public Bar has a minimalist design featuring warm timber bar, lush leather seating, and marble & concrete finishes. Large communal tables and intimate banquet booth seating make for ideal group booking settings with relaxed ‘order at the bar’ style. Fine wine & craft beer is a focus here to compliment the pubs versatile pub menu. The weekends bring the party with DJs from 7:30pm. Image gallery below:
The East Village Athletic Club was designed to be the ultimate place to watch sport. Located on the second floor the “AC” features a luxurious fit out inspired by designer Timothy Oulton. Beautiful leather booths and timber details, a bespoke poker table and state of the art audio visual provides a premium viewing platform for every sporting event. The bar is speak-easy style with booze lockers, tap beer and offers an excellent selection of whiskey & rum. Image gallery below:
STAY UP TO DATE
234 Palmer Street
0431 622 944
Mon – Sat 11am – 12am
Sunday 11am – 10pm